- New Showroom Information
- Pre-Order Your 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
Pre-Order Your 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
MOST POWERFUL V8 ENGINE EVER PRODUCED (840 HP)12
THE DODGE CHALLENGER SRT® DEMON HAS A SUPERCHARGED 6.2L HEMI® SRT DEMON V8 ENGINE
- The red painted Supercharged 6.2L HEMI® SRT Demon V8 engine has been certified to the SAE J1349 industry standard for its horsepower and torque ratings. The engine also meets all applicable legal emissions regulations.
- While the Demon V8 engine shares its architecture with the 707-horsepower Supercharged 6.2L HEMI® Hellcat V8 engine, it is not simply a Hellcat V8 engine with more boost. The Demon V8 engine has 25 major component upgrades from the Hellcat engine, including, pistons, rods, supercharger, valve train and fuel injection system.
WHEN COMPARING THE DEMON SUPERCHARGED V8 TO THE HELLCAT V8, SOME CHANGES INCLUDE:
- Larger supercharger: 2.7 liters vs. 2.4 liters
- Increased boost pressure: 14.5 psi vs. 11.6 psi
- Higher rpm limit: 6,500 rpm vs. 6,200 rpm
- Fuel: two dual-stage fuel pumps vs. one
- Larger induction air box with three sources of intake air: Air-Grabber™ hood scoop, Dual Air-Catcher Headlamps and an inlet near the wheel liner
DEMON CRATE WITH DIRECT CONNECTION PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR THE DRAG STRIP
The upgrades enable the engine to sustain higher output and pressures while meeting the stringent durability requirements of FCA US LLC’s.
THE SUPERCHARGED 6.2L HEMI® SRT DEMON V8 ENGINE TAKES IN PLENTY OF AIR
- The Air-Grabber™ hood scoop includes the largest functional hood scoop (45.2 square inches) of any production car13.
- The Air-Grabber™ hood scoop is sealed to the air box, which is also fed from the Dual Air-Catcher Headlamps and an inlet near the wheel liner.
- Combined, those sources give the Supercharged 6.2L HEMI® SRT Demon V8 engine an air-flow rate of 1,150 cubic feet per minute, 18% greater than the Hellcat V8 and the largest air induction volume of any production car13. The airflow improvement alone adds 17 horsepower.
- The additional air inlets help reduce the temperature of the intake air by more than 30°F compared with the Supercharged 6.2L HEMI® Hellcat V8 engine, which improves overall throttle response.
KEEPING THE INTAKE AIR AS CLOSE TO THE OPTIMUM TEMPERATURE AS POSSIBLE
- The innovative SRT Power Chiller™ is a production car first. It diverts the air conditioning refrigerant to a chiller unit mounted by the low-temperature circuit coolant pump. After being cooled by ambient air passing through a low-temperature radiator at the front of the vehicle, charge air coolant flows through the chiller unit, where it is further cooled. The chilled coolant then flows to the heat exchangers in the supercharger providing a cooler, more dense air charge into the engine.
- Every run down the drag strip generates plenty of heat. The After-Run Cooler, a factory production car first, helps the Dodge Challenger SRT® Demon get ready for the next run as quickly as possible.
- When the engine is shut down, the After-Run Cooler keeps the engine cooling fan and low-temperature circuit coolant pump running to lower the supercharger/charge air cooler temperature, helping the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon minimize heat soak.
- The driver can track the supercharger coolant temperature on the 8.4-inch Uconnect® touchscreen and know in real time when the supercharger is at the optimum temperature for the next run.
- The impact of the SRT Power Chiller™ and After-Run Cooler, combined, lowers intake air temperature by up to 45°F.